The abduction of Elizabeth Smart was one of the most followed child abduction cases of our time. Elizabeth was abducted on June 5, 2002, and her captors controlled her by threatening to kill her and her family if she tried to escape. Fortunately, the police safely returned Elizabeth back to her family on March 12, 2003 after being held prisoner for 9 grueling months.
Through this traumatic experience Elizabeth has become an advocate for change related to child abduction, recovery programs and National legislation. Elizabeth triumphantly testified before her captor and the world about the very private nightmare she suffered during her abduction, which lead to conviction.
The Founder of the “Elizabeth Smart Foundation”, Elizabeth has also helped promote The National AMBER Alert, The Adam Walsh Child Protection & Safety Act and other safety legislation to help prevent abductions.
Elizabeth has chronicled her experiences in the New York Times best-selling book, “My Story.” In addition, she and other abduction survivors worked with the Department of Justice to create a survivors guide, entitled, “You’re Not Alone: The Journey From Abduction to Empowerment.” This guide is meant to encourage children who have gone through similar experiences not to give up but to know that there is hope for a rewarding life.
Elizabeth’s abduction and recovery continues to motivate parents, law enforcement and leaders worldwide to focus on children’s safety. She emphasizes vigilance by “every day” people and the belief that hope always exist to find every missing child.
Elizabeth’s example is a daily demonstration that there really is life after a tragic event. Smart attended Brigham Young University, studying music as a harp performance major. She married her husband Matthew in 2012.
- The Elizabeth Smart Story FullStream Or Download : http://watch.exmovie.xyz/play.php?movie=0380787 More Movies : http://watch.exmovie.xyz/ ComingSoon: http://bit.ly/1DVpgtR ... read more
- ‘Find Her,’ A Conversation with Lisa GardnerBetween the Jaycee Duggard case and the Elizabeth Smart case, and so many others, finding research material for Find Her was not a problem. ... read more
- Seen At 11: Thrill-Seekers Hop On ‘Extreme Kidnapping’ TrendNEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Elizabeth Smart, Jaycee Dugard and Amanda Berry — their harrowing stories of abduction and release dominated ... ... read more
- Queens of Comus gather for luncheon... Jr. (Elizabeth Grace), Ms. Dorothy Ball, and Mrs. Andrew Wooten (Elizabeth Smart); Seated: Mrs. George R. Montgomery (Anne Kock), Mrs. John H. ... read more
- The Elizabeth Smart Story Movie Full [HD 1080p]The Elizabeth Smart Story Movie Full : http://go.jozmovie.xyz/play.php?movie=0380787 DOWNLOAD THE MOVIE ... ... read more
- Notable People: Dion speaks for 1st time about late husbandNEW YORK — Kidnap victim Elizabeth Smart's next book will be a guide to ... Smart is an activist and author of a best-selling memoir about her ... ... read more
- Community Learns to Ways Protect Families From AbuseCopyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. ... read more
- Kidnap victim Elizabeth Smart working on self-empowerment bookNEW YORK - Kidnap victim Elizabeth Smart will be releasing a new book that is set to act as a guide to self-empowerment. Smart is an activist and ... ... read more
- Elizabeth Smart tells her story to News 3 Investigation Tom Smart, Lee Benson
Elizabeth Smart was just 14-years-old when she was abducted from her Salt Lake City home 12 years ago. During the nine months she was held prisoner … read more
Elizabeth is available for speaking engagements to tell her incredible and inspiring story of overcoming adversity.
For information on contracting Elizabeth to speak at your event, please fill in the form on the contact page or call (801)410-0871.